The forum of Okun youth leaders had rose from their Annual General Meeting (AGM) held in Kabba the headquarters of Okunland/Kogi West on the 17th of May, 2019 and at the end of the meeting, issued a communiqué as follows:
1) That the forum is calling on the leadership of the All Progressive Congress, (APC) in Kogi State to support and retain Rt. Hon. Prince Mathew Kolawole, representing Kabba/Bunu State Constituency as the Speaker of the 7th Assembly of the Kogi State House of Assembly considering his monumental achievements in office.
2) That the group is much more interested in the unity of Okun land, hence there is no need to replace him with another Okun man
3) That Yagba and Kabba/Bunu/Ijumu Federal Constituencies are brothers and sisters hence there is no need to create bad blood, since Yagba is still holding the position of the Secretary to the State Government and other critical positions in the new direction administration.
4) That Yagba East State Constituency being custodians of key positions in the New Direction government such as the SSG, Mrs Ayoade Folashade Arike and Hon Asiru Idris Asiwaju. Honourable Commissioner for Finance should not reasonably agitate for Speakership.
5) That the group has consulted widely with Okun leaders and they have given their words that, Rt. Hon. Prince Mathew Kolawole is found worthy of the position of speakership for equity, fairness and justice.
6) That since inception of democracy in Nigeria and Kogi State, Kabba/Bunu/Ijumu has never produced the speakership of the state Assembly not until the people’s Governor, His Excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Bello who believes in equity fairness and justice recognized the 9 federal constituencies in the state and deemed it fit to support the good people of Kabba/Bunu.
7) That since Yagba Federal Constituency has over time produced two speakers of the State Assembly in Rt. Hon. Segun Simoyan and Rt. Hon Clarence Olafemi respectively, those agitating for Yagba for speakership should calm down for posterity sake.
8) That the forum support the current political settings of His Excellency Alh. Yahaya Bello that gives every segment sense of belonging in the state.
9) The forum appreciate the leadership of our party APC in the State under the distinguished leadership of the people’s Governor, His Excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Bello and also the party State Executive led by the Chairman, Hon Abdullahi Bello, aka Dollar. ‘We won’t also fail to appreciate the Chief of Staff to the Governor in whom we are well pleased in person of Chief Edward David Onoja for his support always. And to all returned and Newly elected members it is our prayer that the Lord will enlarge your coast.
10) For equity, fairness and justice Rt. Hon.Prince Mathew Kolawole should be allowed to continue as the speaker Kogi State House of Assembly
On Okun unity we stand and Rt Hon Prince Matthew Kolawole IS OKUN’S CHOICE FOR SPEAKERSHIP