We are association of Omala sons and daughters who reside outside Omala Local Government. We demand for explanations from Alhaji Yakubu Ibrahim Aboh, concerning issues raised by Omala Concerned Stakeholders in their publication on the 13th of May, 2020.
After a week of futile search to identify the association called Omala LGA Patriots, we decided to publish this article to solicit the cooperation of the Association in order to get response from the administration of Alh. Ibrahim Yakubu Aboh on the issues raised by Omala Concerned Stakeholders.
The publication that emanated from Omala Concerned Stakeholders raised serious issues which the rebuttal from the Omala LGA Patriots failed to address. We expected the refuttal/rebuttal from the Omala LGA Patriots, going by their name, to have touched the issues raised since the issues are of socio-economic importance to Omala LGA. We therefore, request for explanations that will put the records straight for public enlightenment/ awareness:
1. Were there drilling of boreholes in Ajokpachi Odo, Olahieba, Abejukolo and Olla?
2. Are the boreholes completed and producing water in these communities?
3. Were there construction of feeder roads in Oje, Echa and Patanyi?
4. If yes, were the construction work completed and are the roads passable?
5. Where in Omala LGA did the administration of Alhaji Yakubu Aboh establish its oil palm plantation?
6. Where is the location of the ICT centre in Omala LGA that was established with the sum of Twenty Million Naira (N20,000,000.00) by the Administration of Alh. Ibrahim Yakubu Aboh?
7. What happened to the fencing project at the Nigeria Police Station at Abejukolo?
8. What happened to the construction of Agbenema Police Post since 2018?
9. Was the chronic problem of the missing Twenty Eight Million Naira (N28,000,000.00) belonging to Omala LGA resolved? The Administrator, the Treasurer/Cashier and the driver of the Administrator of the LGA were said to be involved. Was the money returned to account of the Local Government?
10. Does the Administrator of Omala LGA or the Cashier of Omala LGA or the Treasurer of Omala LGA have the capacity to withdraw the sum of N28,000,000 from Omala LGA Account in a day?
11. What project was the Twenty Eight Million Naira (N28,000,000.00) withdrawn for?
There was another contract of about One Hundred Million Naira (N100,000,000.00) for the printing of One Million (1,000,000) exercise books. We also want to have the explanation of the Administrator whether the contract for the production of the exercise books for distribution in both primary and secondary schools in Omala was carried out. This explanation is also important because our investigation revealed that there was no distribution of any exercise books in both primary and secondary schools in Omala LGA.
We further discovered from our investigation that the position of Omala Concerned Stakeholders is in line with the feelings and interests of the people of Omala LGA both at home and abroad. We are concerned because a humongous sum of Three Hundred and Fifty Two Million Naira (N352,000,000.00) is allegedly in contention here, hence , Omala sons and daughters everywhere are interested in this case because Omala has serious underdevelopment challenges in which , this sum of Three Hundred and Fifty Two Million Naira (N352,000,000.00) could be used to improve the lives of people.
These are issues to be addressed in the overall interest of the people of Omala LGA.
We are therefore calling on the Member representing Omala LGA at Kogi State House of Assembly, Hon. Prince Collins A. H. Musa to persuade the Kogi State House of Assembly to raise an investigative panel into the activities of the former Administrator of Omala LGA. Other public institutions charged with the responsibility of ensuring transparency, accountability and probity in public service are also called upon to investigate the activities of the former Administrator of Omala LGA in order to sanitize the public service.
Signed : Onu Akagwu -Uk
: Comrade Paul Ojotu
For the Omala Pacesetters.